Audio Visual Technician
We are seeking an IMAX Theater Projectionist. The position is an hourly, non-exempt and will be reporting to the IMAX Theater Manager. The IMAX Theater Projectionist is responsible to operate our state-of-the-art IMAX Motion Picture Projection System.
• Operate projection equipment, including loading and unloading film into projector, loading and unloading soundtrack into the DTAC, and consistently monitoring quality of projected image and sound reproduction.
• Cleaning and maintenance of projection and sound system.
• General housekeeping and cleanliness of projection, mechanical and storage rooms.
• Quality control, including ensuring that all film prints and soundtracks are maintained in the best possible manner; and storing unused film prints and soundtracks according to specifications.
• Assist Projection Manager with developing and implementing the timing and cueing between the projection room and the hosting staff to ensure continuity and maximize the showmanship aspects of a theater presentation.
• Assist service personnel with the quarterly service routines. Handle minor servicing problems.
• In the event of an emergency, assist with crisis management.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma
• 2+ years of experience with theater operations and/or maintenance.
• 1 year of experience with IMAX motion picture projection system preferred.
• Technical skills in electrics, electronics, cameras or sound equipment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Commitment to quality and customer service.
• Enthusiastic, flexible, dependable and punctual.
• Flexible availability with willingness to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Ability to adhere to The Tech’s grooming guidelines.
• Ability to climb stairs and/or ladders at heights including catwalks and scaffolding, see at various distances, hear and interpret noise and sounds, work in varying lighting conditions, including darkened spaces, and demonstrate manual dexterity.
• Ability to safely lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to perform all the essential functions of the position.
Please send cover letter, resume, contact info and salary history via email.