Manhattan Neighborhood Network, New York City’s largest community media organization, is seeking a Education Coordinator to assist with all aspects of our adult media education program. MNN’s media classes serve more than 1,200 students annually and aim to teach Manhattan residents and members of community-based organizations how to make, package and distribute media on multiple platforms.
The Media Education Coordinator assists with all aspects of MNN’s adult media education program, including planning and teaching classes, scheduling, and assisting students and instructors in their use of MNN’s 59th Street Media Education Center. This position reports to the Manager of Media Education. The position includes some evening and weekend hours.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Registration, placement and tracking of community members into MNN media education classes.
• Assist the Manager of Education in developing curriculum and creating course materials.
• Prepare course material for media education courses.
• Assist in the assessment of education programs.
• Maintain and manage all education-related equipment.
• Provide technical and creative consultation to students and community producers.
• Manage and support part time media education staff.
• Responsible for updating media education resources for instructors and students.
• Plan and facilitate MNN Orientation sessions for Manhattan residents.
• Assist in the production of short promotional videos and video tutorials related to our MNN’s education program.
• Assist in oversight of student interns.
• Assist in tracking community producer training credentials in a database application.
• Preparing monthly media education related usage statistics.
• Keeping class attendance updated on the MNN database.
• Teach field, editing, studio production and various multimedia workshops for community producers and community-based organizations, as needed.
Other Job Requirements:
• Strong interest in community media and education.
• Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills, capacity to troubleshoot, and make recommendations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
• Position requires evening and weekend work hours.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in media, video, communications, journalism or equivalent experience.
• Three + years experience in media field.
• Minimum two years teaching and curriculum development experience.
• Demonstrated studio, field and post-production knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of new media technology skills.
• Knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Knowledgeable in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledgeable in Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites, etc.)
• Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Rolling application process. Please email resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please respond to the following: 1) Why are you interested in the position? 2) What qualities do you possess that would make you successful in this position? We review applications until the position is filled.
Due to volume, we may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. We will contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.