Art advisor specializing in contemporary art seeks a personal and administrative assistant for part time employment. The position is 8- 12 hours per week. Hours are flexible and will be scheduled by mutual agreement. Experience with art database management is highly desirable as is a driver’s license. The position is available immediately. College Juniors are encouraged to apply. Looking for minimum of one-year commitment.
Candidates must be:
– Extremely organized and detail oriented
– Very tech-savvy and have an expert knowledge of apple products (iPhone, iPad, iMac)
– Answering phones
– Assistance with daily correspondence
– Filing and organizing (paper and digital)
– Database maintenance
– Researching artists, prices, auction records, etc
– Equipment troubleshooting
– Light book keeping
– Light art installation
– Overseeing website updates
– Scheduling domestic and international travel arrangements
– Tracking art and medical insurance
– Ability to multi-task, handles a large volume of work, quickly change direction and independently prioritize your responsibilities.
– This includes managing calendars, reviewing email, arranging travel and managing expenses.
– Strong interpersonal and written communication skills; ability to build strong working relationships with people at all levels.
– Strong attention to detail and eye to accuracy is crucial.
– Ability to anticipate needs and use independent judgment given limited availability of leader.
– Ability to take specific direction and do the work to completion. Ability to give clear direction and work closely with other admins toward a common goal.
– Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality due to accessing and handling sensitive information.
– Valid driver’s license a plus
Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. Please send cover letter and resume via email with a contact phone number.