Looking for a Camera Operator who owns a small Jib to shoot 1 possible 2 Medical Operations for Medical Surgeries.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Studio Camera Operator include, but are not limited to:
• Setting up and ensuring proper balance of the video or robotic camera equipment for assigned productions.
• Remotely operating robotic cameras and robotic jib in studio environments: domestically and in remote bureaus
• Operating traditional video cameras in a virtual studio environment or other environments as assigned.
• Maintaining framing and focus while trucking or dollying a camera.
• Operating cameras in a safe, skilled and creative fashion.
• Reporting technical issues to the engineering team and Operations Manager.
• Demonstrating attention to production protocols such as facs out, crew calls, scheduling announcements, programming changes, etc.
• Implementing the vision and requirements of the Director.
Candidates are required to have:
• At least 3 years of experience in camera operations in a live or live-to-tape multi-camera studio environment required.
• Demonstrated competency in robotic camera operations in a studio environment.
• A two year degree in television production or related field or equivalent technical educational experience.
• Knowledge of High Definition cameras, robotics and pedestal camera equipment set up and usage.
• Ability to follow verbal and written direction accurately working in a high pressure environment.
• Ability to see details at a distance and close range and have accurate hand/eye coordination.
• Overall understanding of the news and programming production process.
• Knowledge of lighting concepts and equipment and principles of video operations, including white balancing, shading and color correction.
• Ability to set up, chip and balance camera levels for multi camera production
• Knowledge of camera and video router patching.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods (at least 60 minutes) while multi-tasking in a fast paced, high pressure, live production environment
• Proficiency with basic use of computers, including E-mail, Microsoft Office, etc.
• A team player and works well with others.
• Arabic language skills and cultural knowledge are highly desirable.
• Ability to bend, lift, push up to 40 lbs.
• Supporting a 24×7 facility, requires the ability to work various shifts, weekends, including holidays.