San Gabriel Valley
Do you love BASKETBALL? Do you love SNEAKERS? Do you want to help build the up and coming biggest basketball and sneaker YouTube channel in Los Angeles? Do you love YouTube/digital media and want to make money doing what you love? I am looking for freelance workers, team members, collaborators, and possibly even someone to partner with long-term on my channel (Depends on the skills, commitment, and work ethic which level we collaborate on).
HOOP AND LIFE is a diverse basketball and sneaker heavy channel with content similar to (WearTesters/Tristan Jass/Jesser/MarcelasHoward/Kristopher London). We will be doing sneaker reviews of performance basketball shoes as one of the main topics. Provide knowledge of basketball topics to people in a fun and sometimes comical way. Inspire people who love basketball/sneakers/NBA content to pursue their hoop dreams and goals. We are looking for long term people who can help grow the channel because there is a huge market and target which gives us a lot of potential to blow up. This is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for someone with a deep love of sneakers/basketball to make a career out of their passions.
HOOP AND LIFE is looking to build a LA-based staff (SGV/626 specifically) of various talents - editors, directors, producers, cameramen, dreamers, hoopers, sneakerheads, just DO-er's, and just all-around creatives who are ready to dream, create, then introduce helpful art to the world! Both freelance and full-time positions are available. It depends on what you offer and our needs as a company. But we want to create a win-win situation for anyone who wants to get involved.
We are looking for the following:
HERE'S A CHECKLIST. SEE WHICH ONES APPLY!
- Understand YouTube, predominantly in the basketball world. YouTube is the world that we live in. If you have YouTube videos of your own that's a HUGE plus. Anyone who applies *MUST* be familiar and committed to the digital media space.
- Understanding demographics. We have a huge range of audiences, but the material is geared towards young kids to 20-somethings who are interested in basketball, sneakers, and NBA and also hip to the current pop-cultural and internet trends.
- Have technical skills to edit footage for YouTube videos (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator) From professional fancy videos like movies/inspirational videos to quick daily vlogs and everything in-between - there are many different tiers we are looking to fill.
- Looking for a camera operator/DP with technical skills to shoot with DSLRs (Canon 5D, 6D, 7D, 70D etc.) and be familiar with how to light shots properly. We want to work with DP's who have an eye for what looks modern and cool. Must be comfortable with run-and-gun shooting. Owning their own equipment for both camera and sound.
- Be able to shoot and edit during any times during the week between (10am - 10pm are usual shoot times)
- Have a genuine appreciation for YouTube comedy (3-10 minute skits and vlogs) and digital media content from other platforms.
- Have a desire to create meaning. Our overall mission is to change the world for the better, in the way that we can. We would like to surround ourselves with people who feel the same.
- Hoopers and Sneakerheads. Do you love watching Sneaker/Basketball content on YouTube? Well what about creating it in real life then uploading it for the world?
- Be motivated to make $$$. As much as we are artists driven by a world-changing mission, we understand that you need to be paid to live your life. We ask for good quality work and a good attitude. If you deliver the value to the team, we will compensate you fairly.
- College Degree is a plus, although not a necessity. (High School students can apply as well)
- Be Family-Friendly. What does this mean? We create content that has universal appeal from kids that are 6 years-old to people that are 60 years-old. Content can be cool and hip while still being safe to be watched by multiple generations on a Sunday.
Examples of videos we make. You must be able to at minimum shoot or edit this current quality or HIGHER:
- SNEAKER REVIEWS:
- 1v1 & CHALLENGES: